Every so often, we are able to offer our Solvers a special opportunity we call a "Priceless Prize." A Priceless Prize is an award that goes beyond financial compensation and provides the winning Solver access to an event or experience that they would never have access to on their own. In the past, Priceless Prizes have included invitations to attend SciFoo camp, opportunities for media exposure and speaking roles at high level events.
Through our partnership with The Economist, we've awarded several Priceless Prizes. Challenge winners are invited to present their solutions at the exclusive Ideas Economy events, which draw world leaders and business people, often the exact people who can help turn a good idea into a world-changing solution. Previous Economist InnoCentive Challenge winners have seen their solutions piloted by non-profit organizations, written up in prominent industry journals and funded by Fortune 1000 corporations.
The Economist-InnoCentive Smart Systems Challenge provides a fantastic opportunity for Solvers from any background to gain exposure to high-profile leaders in the business of big data and information technology at the upcoming Economist Ideas Economy: Information event in San Francisco, California, USA on June 5-6, 2012. The winning Solver will receive:
- An honorarium of $1000
- Compensation for travel expenses
- Admission to the conference for themselves and a guest
- An interview with an Economist editor live on-stage at the event
- Video promotion of the event recording on Economist.com and through social media channels
- Publicity for the winning solution in the post-event wrap report to all delegates/speakers, and
- An official meeting with members of the Ideas Economy programming team to discuss ideas for venture capital or public policy.
If you believe that you can develop a solution that will improve the health, happiness, safety or aesthetics of a community in a compelling and elegant way, and if you speak the language of "big data", this Challenge can provide you with a once in a lifetime opportunity. Log in to review the Challenge details and maybe we'll see you in San Francisco in June!